Already quite the popular attraction throughout Europe, The San Francisco Dungeon is the first of the ‘Dungeon’ shows in North America, bringing together a wonderful cast of theatrical actors, special effects, stages, scenes and rides in a truly unique and exciting walkthrough experience that brings to life the authentic stories of old San Francisco.
200 years of the city’s best chills and thrills!
It’s fun, and a little spooky, and most importantly – a good time in San Francisco!
Located in San Francisco’s historic Fisherman’s Wharf, what you’re going to experience is a 60-minute trip through 200 years of San Francisco’s authentic past as you walk through the Dungeon, moving from show to show, guided by professional actors.
The shows are based on real San Francisco history and legends. You’ll get up close and personal with sinister characters including Miss Piggott, the Wild West saloon owner, and the infamous crimper, Shanghai Kelly.
It’s a fully themed experience. That means 360-degree sets, total authenticity, and theatrical storytelling. On your journey, you’ll pass through the Lost Mines of Sutter’s Creek, where gold was first discovered, and Alcatraz, the island military prison for the most heinous of criminals.
Here’s the list of great shows you’ll experience on your tour:
- The Descent – Mesmerizing tales of the Bay Area’s authentic past await you! Drop into the depths of the Dungeon to begin your journey.
- Gold Rush Greed – Violence and corruption dominate the American frontier, as you are immersed into the clash between natives and new settlers.
- Lost Mines of Sutter’s Mill – Don’t get trapped in the dizzying and disorienting mirror maze as the dynamite explodes.
- Streets of San Francisco – The Hounds are out to find political traitors! They may “Know Nothing,” but they sure know how to get some answers…
- The Court of San Francisco – Guilty or very guilty? As Judge Meade always says about heinous criminals: “Give ‘em a fair trial, and hang ‘em high!”
- Miss Piggott’s Saloon – Come in for a drink on the house. Miss Piggott’s got one heck of a business.
- Chinatown Plague Street – The Plague strikes San Francisco at the turn of the 20th century.
- The Ghosts of Alcatraz – These prison walls hold the most dangerous military fugitives.
This is a truly distinctive way to explore the history of San Francisco. It’s a must-see attraction when you visit San Francisco to get a unique, and up-close trip through the Bay Area’s dark history.
The attraction is open 365 days a year. And even though The San Francisco Dungeon is scary good fun for everyone, The Dungeon is recommended for guests’ ages 10 and older.
By: Jeff Hyatt