This is a wonderful time of the year to visit Epcot at Walt Disney World, especially because Holidays Around the World is in full swing; Ring in the season now until December 30 as Epcot’s World Showcase comes alive with holiday traditions from around the globe.
This winter, soak up the sights and sounds of some of the greatest holiday festivities during Holidays Around the World. Take in the joyful music and seasonal food favorites with family and friends as you watch time-honored traditions spring to life with costumed performers presenting holiday heritage throughout the World Showcase.
Before your holiday journey begins be sure to visit us at TicketsatWork.com for sensational savings for Epcot: we have a variety of Magic Your Way ® Ticket packages featuring extra free days, plus admission options to Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park.
For the 2015 edition of Holidays Around the World, new live musical performances by American Music Machine are being added to the mix. With unique vocal arrangements by Tim Davis (“Glee”), American Music Machine will be rocking around the Fountain Stage, performing both modern and nostalgic holiday hits, including “White Christmas,” “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” and “All I Want for Christmas is You.”
Holidays Around the World has something for everyone. Of course, a day at Epcot during Holidays Around the World would not be complete without taking in a performance of the beautiful and moving Candlelight Processional (hear the stirring story of Christmas as told by a celebrity narrator, accompanied by a 50-piece orchestra and mass choir), or catching the stunning, holiday fireworks finale to “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth.”
Holidays Around the World is already up and running at Epcot and continues through December 30, 2015. You won’t want to miss it!
Here’s a quick look at what you can expect at the World Showcase:
- American Adventure – Share your Christmas wishes with Santa and Mrs. Claus, enjoy Hanukkah traditions and experience the spirit of Kwanzaa. Plus, treat your ears to the Voices of Liberty Dickens Carolers—an outstanding a cappella group that sings a special repertoire of classic songs.
- Canada – Follow the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs on a musical tour through the customs of the Great White North.
- China – Feast your eyes on the colorful Chinese Lion Dance, which brings good fortune and happiness to all during major celebrations like the Lunar New Year and Lantern Festival.
- France – Discover the magic of Père Noël and the joy of the season through a Christmas letter from a child.
- Germany – Listen as Helga tells the story of the first Christmas tree and the tale of her first Nutcracker.
- Italy – Meet the kind-hearted witch La Befana who arrives on the eve of the Epiphany to grant gifts to good children.
- Japan – Hear the fascinating story of the Daruma doll and the Japanese customs of the New Year.
- Mexico – ¡Feliz Navidad! Join mariachis and dancers as they bring color and excitement to the music, dances and traditions of a holiday fiesta.
- Morocco – Come! Take a journey through the seasons of holidays in Morocco, where celebrations are “the spice of life.”
- Norway – Spend time with Sigrid and learn about Julenissen, the Christmas Gnome.
- United Kingdom – Delve into the vivid stories of Father Christmas, dating back to 15th-century England.
By: Jeff Hyatt