And now we know – the much-debated, fully hyped questions surrounding the remaining haunted houses for the 2015 edition of Halloween Horror Nights can finally be answered.
Universal Orlando has announced the official lineup for Halloween Horror Nights 2015, featuring plenty of fan favorites and ghoulish new adventures courtesy of Universal’s wickedly clever designers and special effects artists.
It’s the 25th anniversary of Halloween Horror Nights, so one can imagine the added excitement surrounding this year’s event. Bringing back the fan-favorite ‘An American Werewolf in London’ to the party should delight fans who are making plans to attend.
Horror Nights 2015 will feature 9 haunted houses, 5 scare zones, and 2 shows on select nights from Sept. 18 to Nov. 1.
Check out TicketsatWork.com for some scary-good ticket specials for this year’s Halloween Horror Nights.
Here’s a quick peek at the five, just released haunted houses:
- An American Werewolf in London – Step into John Landis’ landmark 1981 horror classic. From the attack on the English moors to the bone-crunching transformation, it’s one of the most popular houses in Halloween Horror Nights history.
- Jack Presents 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem – Relive the most terrifying moments of the past 25 years as Jack releases a catalogue of creatures in one maze.
- Body Collectors: Recollections – The Body Collectors have returned, descending upon Shadybrook Asylum to collect the human parts they require. Screams echo the hallways as a blizzard rages outside while sharpened blades swirl inside.
- Asylum in Wonderland 3D – Follow the white rabbit through the looking glass and into a murderous 3D Wonderland.
- Run: Blood, Sweat and Fears – You’ve just been selected as a contestant on RUN, a brutal TV show where everyday people are stalked by skilled assassins.
A few months back Universal Orlando announced the first round of haunted houses, which includes Freddy Vs. Jason, Insidious, The Purge, and The Walking Dead.
Guests strolling along the streets of the Universal Studios Florida theme park can expect a variety of horrifying mutants, monsters and maniacs to get… up close and personal! Prepare for five nightmarish scare zones where creatures lurk around every turn.
Check out the five scare zones you will encounter at Halloween horror Nights:
- Psychoscareapy: Unleashed – The criminally insane inmates of Shadybrook Asylum have escaped and stumbled upon a Halloween Block party in the streets of New York. They quickly decide they’d kill for some costumes of their own.
- ICONS: HHN– The eeriest icons and most cadaverous characters of the last 25 years of Halloween Horror Nights® have returned. The Caretaker, The Storyteller, The Director, The Usher and more are back to relive every monstrous memory.
- Scary Tales: ScreamPunk – Classic fairytale characters get a sinister Scary Tale twist immersed in the wicked world of steam punk.
- Evil’s Roots – Your darkest fears will take root amidst the perilous paths of Central Park as you face evil fairies, humanoid bats, scarecrows and more horrors.
- All Nite Die-In: Double Feature – The Carey Drive-In movie theatre has been closed for decades after grisly murders during a double feature. It’s lights, camera, carnage as the theater nicknamed “Die-In” by the locals lives up to its name.
This year’s event also features two shows: Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure, and The Carnage Returns.
Halloween Horror Nights 2015 is being billed as the biggest and scariest one ever, and judging by the rundown of terror houses, wild rides and special events planned for guests, I’d say you could expect a frightfully fun good time.
Halloween Horror Nights 2015 – 25th year
Sept. 18-19, 24-25, 26-27
Oct. 1-4, 7-11, 14-18, 21-25, 28-31
By Jeff Hyatt