by: Marilynn Miedlar
Senior HR Manager, TicketsatWork.com
As an HR professional with multiple Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) Conferences under my belt, I can tell you firsthand what an amazing experience a trip to SHRM can be. With over 200+ sessions, thousands of booths, and plenty of people to connect with, there may not be enough hours in the day to get it all done! That’s why I’m sharing my five fail-safe tips to make the most of your SHRM experience.
- Take advantage of the inspirational speakers – The inspirational speakers at SHRM are there because they are industry leaders. Their stories will energize and motivate you and give you memories to last a lifetime.
- Spend time in the enormous Exposition Hall – Be sure to meet with new vendors and suppliers, they are industry experts. You will be amazed at what is out there in the HR world!
- Network with peers from around the world – With so many people visiting SHRM each year, now is the chance to expand your contact list, exchange cards, and build relationships. Make connections to help you further your career.
- Make the most of the 200+ sessions provided – An important part of any trip to SHRM is choosing the sessions that interest you, fit the needs for your personal growth, and the needs of your organization.
- Visit the SHRMSTORE – A great way to compliment your conference experience and build your personal and business library is a visit to the SHRMSTORE.
By keeping these tips in mind as you plan your trip to SHRM, you can make the most of your visit to SHRM this year. Also, be sure to swing by Booth #1443 and get your picture taken with a minion in our Minion Meet & Greet presented by TicketsatWork and Universal Orlando Resorts!