by: Alex Mateo
Content Team, TicketsatWork.com
Summer is just around the corner, and families from all over the world are gearing up for a Disney World vacation in Orlando. If you want to make the most of your trip the Most Magical Place on Earth, here are a few tips to consider.
- Find a hotel – If you want a hotel with a great pool this summer, you’ll have to book early as these rooms are the first to be sold out. Right now, TicketsatWork.com has some of the best hotels for summer available now and with savings that you can only get by being a member of this corporate benefits program.
- Plan some easy days – I know it is tempting to fill your days full of the theme parks, but I suggest getting a couple extra days at the hotel, so that you can rest by the pool for some relaxation. Recharge your batteries before venturing to another theme park. I’d choose a Saturday for a recharge day, because that’s the busiest day for most theme parks. Make the most of it on weekdays at the parks, and try to take it easier on the weekends. That’s a good rule of thumb from the expert theme park goer.
- Consider flexible ticket options – Sometimes planning isn’t for everyone, so why not choose a ticket that fits your way of life. SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa offer Length of Stay tickets that are valid for 14 consecutive days of unlimited admissions. Also, try the Orlando Flex Ticket that grants five or six parks for one great price. Parks include Universal Orlando, Islands of Adventure, SeaWorld Orlando and more.
- Discover Florida – If you’re traveling from afar, you might want to check out Gatorland or take an airboat ride through the everglades. There are a ton of options that let you explore Florida in different ways from ziplining to seeing iconic space shuttles at Kennedy Space Center.
- Water Park Fun and More – Let’s face it, if you’re going to Disney World this summer; I can’t recommend enough the Water Park Fun and More option on your Disney Magic Your Way Tickets. It’s really a great way to extend your vacation because for every Disney Day you’ll get another day at a Water Park or DisneyQuest. This goes back into the thinking of taking some days easy, and making those easy days on the weekends and taking advantage of the weekdays.
- Create your My Disney Experience – Before you go, you can plan your FastPass + options. This is a must if you want to get the best times for your favorite rides. As soon as you get your tickets, sign up on the My Disney Experience page and get your family queued up.
- Plan on things not all going according to the plan – One thing I’d love to tell everyone is that schedules don’t always go as we plan. Things will happen and best laid plans will be set aside, but it’s important to remember that you’re taking an Orlando Vacation to have fun. Make the most of your day, and skip the new ride instead of waiting for a huge amount of time. There’s so many ways to have fun in Disney World. Sometimes you’ll need to get rid of some plans to make room for some spontaneous adventures! Things end up being the best times anyways.